Wilmar Sugar’s milling business permanently employs more than 1500 people, while during the crushing season (which typically runs from June to November) we welcome about another 850 seasonal workers to the team.
Unlike many other seasonal industries, where workers are often fly-in-fly-out, the people powering our mills are part of the community, and many have strong family links to the sugar industry, and our mills, going back generations.
We make forging rewarding careers in their home towns a reality for regional workers and are a major provider of apprenticeship training in North Queensland. Reflecting this commitment, we’ve been awarded North Queensland’s Large Employer of the Year for two years running (2015 and 2016) in the Queensland Training Awards.
Our people are guided by a set of values that defines who we are and the way we work:
- Integrity: We value honesty, trustworthiness and high ethical standards.
- Excellence: We strive for excellent performance in everything we do.
- Passion: We are passionate about growing our business globally.
- Innovation: We value innovative efforts, ideas and methods to continually improve our business processes.
- Teamwork: We work as one team to achieve our corporate goals.
- Safety: We pay careful consideration to the health and safety of our employees at the workplace.
With integrity and safety at the core, we strive to minimise our environmental impact and ensure our people return home to their family and friends as healthy as when they start each day. To learn more about a career with Wilmar Sugar, click here or visit us on LinkedIn.